In aesthetic dentistry, zirconium supported porcelains are new generation dental veneers developed to eliminate the disadvantages of metal supported porcelains.
Zirconium veneers are obtained by cutting white blocks prepared from zirconium dioxide.
Zirconium supported porcelains, which eliminate the disadvantages of old generation metals, meet the aesthetic expectations of the patients.
- WHY SHOULD I PREFER ZIRCONIUM?
Zirconium crowns create aesthetics very similar to natural tooth structure in terms of light transmission.
- Even metal-supported porcelains that are very well made have a dullness and artificiality.
- Dark color formed at the gingival level in metal-supported porcelains (metal reflection), does not occur in zirconium coatings. A much more aesthetic and natural appearance is obtained.
- Since zirconium is a white metal, the coating can be processed much thinner and lighter.
- Zirconium is a material with high biocompatibility and does not cause an allergic reaction in the body.
- The perfect compatibility of the zirconium veneer with the gingiva prevents bacteria from accumulating on the gingiva and the veneer and ensures that hygiene problems do not arise.
- After taking measurements, zirconium crowns are prepared completely in computer environment with special devices without human touch. The margin of error is close to zero.
- Since zirconium conducts heat very little and is a heat resistant material, zirconium veneers do not have sensitivity problems after bonding and the patient gets used to the prosthesis quickly.