What to do before pregnancy

You can have a healthier pregnancy by making some plans and changes before you get pregnant. Remember, becoming a mother is an important event that will change the course of your life. Having a planned pregnancy allows you to overcome the difficulties you will encounter in the future more easily and consciously. Many expectant mothers do not know that they are pregnant until a few weeks later. However, these first weeks are the most critical periods for the fetus. Because organs are formed in this period and cigarettes, alcohol and some drugs used unnoticed during this period prevent the baby’s normal development.

Ideally, it would be right to make an appointment with your doctor three months before the date you want to get pregnant and make a preliminary interview. The most suitable age for a woman to have a baby is between the ages of 18-35. Your doctor will evaluate your health and social history, do your examination, perform various tests, and in this way, prepare both you and himself in the face of abnormal situations that may occur during pregnancy. In addition, a healthy lifestyle has a big and positive effect on you and your baby.

Here’s what to do before pregnancy:

. Start 0.4mg Folic acid supplementation every day! For the development of the baby’s central nervous system, it is very important to take “vitamin B9”, that is, folic acid, especially from the first weeks of pregnancy. Since it is not stored in the body, more than normal is needed during pregnancy, and it is not adequately met with natural foods, it should be taken every day. Fresh green vegetables are a source of folic acid, but prolonged cooking and long-term storage reduce its amount in foods. It is most commonly found in spinach, peanuts, hazelnuts, cauliflower and wholemeal bread. In folic acid deficiency, there are anomalies in the nervous system called “neural tube defect” due to the incomplete closure of the spinal canal. In particular, women who have previously been found to have folic acid deficiency or have given birth to a baby with neural tube defect anomaly should definitely start taking folic acid, known as vitamin B9, daily, at least 3 months before they plan to become pregnant.

. Get on the scale now and check your weight! You should eat a healthy and balanced diet. What is meant by a balanced diet is to consume the main nutrients in balanced proportions. You should reduce your consumption of fat and sugar. You should choose a diet rich in protein. Skim milk and dairy products, fish and white meats should be included in your diet. You should definitely get plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, and you should also consume different food groups such as pasta, rice and legumes.

. If you are a smoker, be sure to quit smoking! Recent studies have shown that consuming more than ten cigarettes a day significantly reduces the chance of conception. When used during pregnancy, it may result in miscarriage (Abortion), as well as cause developmental delay in the baby and premature birth.

. You should stay away from stress and anxiety! The fact that pregnancy does not occur in the first months after deciding to become pregnant should not stress you out. Even if everything is normal, even if there is intercourse at the appropriate time, the chance of pregnancy is around 25% for each month. If a woman is unable to conceive despite normal regular intercourse, it usually takes 1 year to initiate infertility investigations, unless there is an obvious abnormality. Even couples who do not have any pathology at the end of one year have a 98% chance of conceiving. In other words, although everything is normal in 2% of cases, pregnancy may be delayed for 1 year. In other words, although everything is normal in 2% of cases, pregnancy may be delayed for 1 year. The chance of conceiving is between 12-15 days of menstruation in regular menstruation. most days. A regular sex life and 3 or more intercourse per week increase the chances of conception.

. Mark your menstrual days on a calendar! In order to calculate your ovulation days, you should determine when your period started, how many days it lasted, and whether you have menstrual irregularities. This will also be checked by your doctor.

.such as goiter, hypertension, heart diseases, Diabetes Mellitus or epilepsy systemic If you have a disease, you should consult with the relevant doctors and be informed about the possible risks of the disease during pregnancy. Might have mom and dad hereditary diseases Detection of the disease is very important in terms of detecting the possibility of this disease in the child to be born. you use medicinesBe sure to share it with your doctor!

. Stop drinking coffee, cola and excessive tea!Studies have shown that a woman’s excessive caffeine consumption before conception reduces egg quality.

. Ask your spouse to limit alcohol and cigarette consumption!In order to increase sperm quality, you should not do heavy sports and exercise, and keep them away from stress.

. Keep your morale and motivation high!Do light exercise regularly and try to get at least 8 hours of sleep a day.

.pre-pregnancy hemorrhoids, anal fissure If you have such problems, they need to be treated beforehand. Because these complaints may bother you more often during your pregnancy.

. Have intercourse every other day on the 10th and 16th days of your ovulation days! Do not stand up immediately after each sexual intercourse, put your feet on the wall and wait half an hour. Meanwhile, place a thin pillow under your waist. Thus, you help the sperm to travel from the vagina to the uterus.

. Make an appointment with your dentist! If you have dental problems, you should have them treated before pregnancy. Because these problems may increase with your pregnancy.

What tests should you have before you get pregnant?

. Your risks in terms of pregnancy are determined with a detailed anamnesis and general examination by your doctor.

. Your blood pressure and weight are measured.

. With a pelvic ultrasound, your uterus and ovaries are examined.

. Gynecological examination and smear test are performed. A culture is taken from the vaginal discharge.

. Whole blood test (Hemogram)

. Determination of blood group (You and your partner)

. Complete Urine Test

. Fasting blood sugar, Liver and Kidney function tests

. Bleeding profile (Bleeding and clotting times, APTT, PTT, fibrinogen)

. Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, AIDS tests

. TSH- Goiter test

. TORCH test – Toxoplasma, Rubella, CMV, Herpes infections are investigated.

. If you have a history of recurrent miscarriage, Genetic examination is performed.

If you are also planning a pregnancy, contact your doctor without delay. Wishing you a healthy day…

Kiss. Dr. Ebru Zulfikaroglu

Related Posts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.