Due to COVID-19, we advise you not to leave the house except in emergencies. So what are these emergencies and what should you do when you encounter them?
I have a tooth-ache
- If your tooth hurts for a short time when you eat something hot or cold, stay away from the factor that causes pain.
- Brush your teeth regularly 2 times a day. After cleaning the interface with dental floss before going to bed, brush and then floss again.
- If your work pain does not go away, you should consult a dentist as soon as possible by using a pain reliever containing paracetamol (if you are not allergic) after following the above procedures.
- If you have any other existing disease, please consult your doctor before using medication.
- If you have fever, swelling and weakness, consult your dentist.
Methods to Relieve Toothache At Home
- You can apply ice to the aching area from the outside by placing ice in a clean bag or cloth. Press for 20 minutes and apply with a break of 20 minutes.
- You can drip some clove oil on a cotton ball and apply it on the aching tooth.
- Turmeric has antiseptic properties. Mix turmeric powder with water to make a paste. Apply it on the aching tooth.
- Brew the sage and cool the water. Gargle your mouth with this water.
- Press fresh mint on your aching tooth.
- Mix 1-2 teaspoons of salt and 1-2 tablespoons of vinegar in 1 glass of warm water. Gargle your mouth with this water.
- Mix 2-3 teaspoons of tea tree oil in 1 glass of warm water. Gargle your mouth with this water.
20 years old tooth hurts
- Make sure to brush your teeth regularly. Apply methods to relieve toothache at home. If the pain does not go away, consult your dentist.
I wake up in the morning with my teeth clenched.
- To relieve your joint pain, after drinking a soothing tea such as lemon balm or chamomile tea, press a hot towel or hot water bag on the aching joint. The pain will be relieved in 1-2 days.
- For pain in your teeth as a result of clenching your teeth, you can apply one of the methods to relieve toothache at home.
My tooth has abscessed
- If your tooth has an abscess patch, you should immediately consult a dentist.
I have bleeding in my gums
- If your gums bleed once after brushing, no treatment is needed.
- Bleeding happens on its own and if there is swelling, there may be inflammation. You should see a dentist.
- If you have gum recession, you can choose toothpastes that protect the gums.
my teeth are shaking
- It is sufficient to pay attention to oral hygiene in the case of tooth shaking experienced by children.
- Adults should consult a dentist.
I have a complaint about my prosthesis
- If your denture is hitting your mouth, you can rest your mouth by removing it outside of eating.
- If your veneer is broken, your teeth may be sensitive. Make sure to brush and gargle regularly. Do not try to glue the broken coating with an adhesive.
I have a complaint about my braces
- If your bracket comes out on a single tooth, it does not cause a problem.
- If your braces are dislodged and the tip is sinking into your cheek, the part that is stuck in the cheek can be cut off with a nail clipper that has been thoroughly sterilized with disinfectant. While doing this, care should be taken not to swallow the cut wire.