I would like to offer a few practical suhoor menu suggestions to our patients who want to fast during the month of Ramadan.
- Boiled egg
- Curd cheese (without salt)
- 2 slices of whole wheat bread
- Lean omelet with lots of vegetables
- 2 slices of wholemeal bread
- Whole wheat pasta with plenty of vegetables cooked in a pan without oil
Water and juicy foods should be consumed as much as possible, both in sahur and iftar.
After breaking your fast at iftar, make sure to drink your soup and then linger for 10-15 minutes, then continue your meal from where you left off, so you will feel full faster and get fewer calories.
In these hot days, the most important issue will be fluid loss. A fasting person has enough time between iftar and sahur to compensate for this loss. During this time, 2.5-3lt. Try to drink water.
Happy Ramadan to all of us in advance….