What is Rhinoplasty
Rhinoplasty aims to support facial harmony and self-confidence by improving the proportions and general appearance of your nose to other structures on your face. Although the shape of the nose of the individual is generally a result of genetic / hereditary characteristics, the image may be distorted due to traumas, infections or previous operations. It aims to reach appropriate proportions that will befit the face, beyond the misperception thought only as reduction.
What We Can Change With Nose Surgery:
– The size of the nose, in accordance with the other structures of the face
– Nose width
– Nose Profile; such as the bridge of the nose or collapses
– Nose Tip; large or fleshy, large or disoriented
– Nose wings; large, wide, or disoriented
– Asymmetry and deviation
– Causes that have a negative effect on breathing; enlarged turbinates, valve disorders, septum deviations, etc.
What is the Price of Rhinoplasty Operation
Although it varies greatly from surgeon to surgeon, hospital to hospital, the need for the techniques to be applied, anesthesia fees, etc., the prices vary between 2000 and 20,000 TL, sharing the net prices via the internet and the media is prohibited by the latest laws. In choosing a doctor, it would be more appropriate to consider factors such as your trust in the doctor, satisfactory information, and, if possible, the feedback of the patients who had undergone the similar procedure before, rather than the price.
Does the Health Insurance / State Cover the Operation?
In most cases, although the operation is in the aesthetic category and is not covered, it is paid by insurance if factors such as breathing disorders and severe deformities are covered by health boards.
For whom it is a suitable choice
– Individuals older than 14 years of age with complete facial development
– physically healthy
– Non-smoker (Anesthetic risks and impaired wound healing)
– Clear but realistic goals about the change in the shape of his nose
individuals will be the most suitable cases. Nasal surgery is a highly individual matter and is inconsistent with the recommendations of others or the aim of emulating a static image.
Some questions your doctor will ask
– Why are you considering surgery, what are your expectations, what are your desired results?
– What are your health conditions, allergies and previous health problems, if any?
– The drugs you use, alcohol, smoking
– Have you had previous surgeries?
– Your photos are taken
– Your face sizes are evaluated visually and with appropriate software options
– Your doctor offers you the most suitable shaping alternatives
– Informs about possible risks and complications after the operation
– Information is given about the anesthesia to be used
Before Rhinoplasty Operation
Laboratory tests are performed to evaluate your general health status and whether you are suitable for anesthesia.
If any, the drugs you are using are edited, discontinued or new ones are added.
If you smoke, you are asked to quit
You will be told what to do the night before and the morning of the surgery.
Making the surgery decision is entirely your own, individual decision, weighing the risks against the rewards.
You should make up your own mind as to whether it is worth risking the odds of encountering these rare situations.
All Nose Surgery Involves the Following Risks at Certain Rates
. poor wound healing
. sensory problems
. breathing problems
. Color changes in the skin
. Need for repeat minor revision surgery
. Anesthesia-related risks (vascular occlusions, respiratory system problems, etc.)
Although they are rare and many have solutions, you need to evaluate these risks.
After Nose Surgery
External tape/bandages and plaster on your nose after your operation; Buffers can be placed inside.
I prefer to apply the unbuffered nose surgery technique with the appropriate sutures that I apply in most of my surgical practices,
The decision is left to the discretion of each physician. If it is applied, your tampons will be removed after about 3 days, your permanent stitches will be removed within 5-7 days, and your plaster cast will be removed after 7-10 days. Bruising, swelling / edema due to the interventions in the bones will decrease obviously within 10 days in the first place. It disappears from the perceptible conspicuous shape in about 1-2 months, but theoretically, the end of all edema and the recovery period continues for 1 year or even more.