With this technique, called Porcelain Laminate veneers, only the front surfaces of our teeth are removed with less material than taken in a filling, to make applications that match perfectly color and texture.
It is the technique of affixing a specially prepared porcelain layer in the desired color, length and form to the anterior surface of the tooth. In this method, unlike the porcelain crown application, healthy teeth are not prepared too much. Instead, only a very thin layer of tooth is removed from the anterior surface of the tooth, and the prepared porcelain lamina is adhered to the anterior surface of the tooth with special bonding techniques.
Application areas of Porcelain Laminates:
• In closing the gaps in the front teeth.
• In the treatment of fractures caused by impact.
• In extremely dark teeth where the teeth whitening method is not sufficient,
• In cases where all teeth need to be covered with porcelain due to caries and crowding
‘Laminate coatings’To make perfect color and texture compatible applications by removing less material than only the front surfaces of our teeth with a filling, with this technique called
What is laminate coating (Laminate Veneer, dental veneer)?
(Also known as Laminated, Laminated or Lamina. Leaf Porcelain) It is a cosmetic solution that can be applied to many dental disorders that negatively affect your appearance. Laminate leaf veneers are a form of treatment aimed at eliminating these problems by sticking the porcelain layer on the anterior teeth of the anterior teeth, which basically have aesthetic problems. In most cases, they are sufficient to give the teeth a natural beauty and a natural function with their solid structure and pristine color. You can smile confidently with laminate floors!
These veneers made of porcelain are a thin, semi-permeable layer. They are prepared and placed on an existing tooth with perfect fit and precision. The front of the tooth and the inside of the veneer are coated with a special resin. (an adhesive intermediate) is pasted. When the process is finished, a perfect fusion is expected.
In which cases can laminate treatment be performed?
Laminate veneers can be made mainly for the purpose of removing color changes and correcting the shape to a certain extent. In discoloration, advanced antibiotics, fluorine, etc., which do not produce results with methods such as bleaching (teeth whitening). in hereditary structure and color disorders in stains,
Connecting split teeth (diastema closure), Restoration of broken or worn teeth,
Correction of discolored and distorted old fillings, Correction of crooked and crooked teeth (as an alternative to orthodontic treatment)It can be a cosmetic alternative.
Who can be injured from laminate treatment?
Almost everyone! People of all age groups who complain about the above reasons can benefit from laminate treatment. However, bad habits such as jaw disorders, nail biting, pen biting are not applied in cases where there is severe gingival damage. Your dentist will decide this best.
What are the clinical application stages of Porcelain Lamina treatment?
First of all, your tooth is prepared for the procedure, the residues on it are cleaned. Impressions are then taken to obtain an exact copy of your tooth. The layer to be adhered to your tooth is prepared from porcelain material. Finally, in adhesive systems (bonding)As well as laminates, resins are applied to the existing tooth surface. (an adhesive intermediate)is combined.
Are porcelain laminates long-lasting? Is it durable?
Laminas can be used for years without any problems with good oral care. Because other adhesive systems (bonding) They are made of porcelain with superior properties. They are more resistant to staining and abrasion. In order to prolong their life, it is necessary to pay attention to oral care. In addition, it is necessary to avoid bad habits such as biting very hard foods and biting nails.
What are the advantages of laminate veneer?
In cases where you cannot smile confidently due to caries, abrasions, fractures or structural anomalies, it is possible to give your teeth a natural beauty with this method. While porcelain fillings and full veneers were the only solution in such adverse situations in the past, there are new alternatives such as laminate treatment today.
The advantages of this new laminate veneer application;
- A healthy and natural appearance is achieved in a very short time with a small intervention,
- Making a nail-wide slot in your tooth (which may not always be necessary)enough,
- They are produced from durable, colorfast and durable materials.
- It is only possible with laminate veneer to have the aesthetic features you want without deteriorating the natural structure of your teeth. Either no change is made on the tooth or with a little correction, the result can be more perfect. The amount removed from the tooth is already limited to 0.3-0.7 mm. So that no teeth are cut (downsizing)there is no need.
- The laboratory stage of treatment is only 3-4 days. However, in smile design, it may take 3-4 weeks for your lips to adapt to your new look at the end of this period. We recommend some lip exercises and reading during this alignment. At the end of this period, you can easily smile with your new teeth that are completely integrated with your face and cannot be detected as artificial.
- A copy of your teeth that you are not satisfied with the appearance can be obtained and a design can be made on it. that is, we can show you the change that will occur in your teeth before any intervention is made on your teeth.
- Since the porcelain surfaces will be extremely smooth, it minimizes the stains and tartar formations caused by smoking and similar reasons.
- It does not change color with external factors such as coffee, tea, cigarettes.
- It is quite fragile in material. However, when fully bonded to enamel, its resistance to tensile and tensile forces becomes very high. For example, it is not possible to completely remove an adhered veneer from the tooth. However, it can be removed from the tooth surface by abrading with diamond burs.
- It has high resistance to abrasion.
What are the disadvantages of Porcelain Laminates?
- It has advantages over other restorations in terms of health. However, it is a slightly more expensive system compared to others.
- It is a delicate technique. It requires a good clinical and laboratory work. Physicians and dental technicians must have full technical knowledge and artistic ability on this subject.