Porcelain laminate veneers are also known as laminated teeth, leaf porcelain, nail teeth. They are porcelain leaves that are prepared very thinly in the desired color and form by removing 0.3-0.7 mm from the front of the teeth and adhered to the tooth surface.
IN WHICH SITUATIONS ARE PORCELAIN LAMINATE VENEERS APPLIED?
Porcelain laminate veneers are a form of treatment especially for eliminating aesthetic problems in anterior teeth. We can summarize the main application areas as follows.
– In tooth discoloration due to various reasons and which cannot be eliminated by tooth whitening,
-As an alternative to orthodontic treatment, in cases of tooth alignment disorders and some crooked teeth,
– Closing the gaps (diastema) between the anterior teeth,
– Lengthening of short teeth due to wear or naturally,
– In the restoration of worn teeth due to erosion,
– In various types of enamel tissue disorders,
-In cases where there are no lateral incisors, canine teeth are processed as lateral and premolars as canine teeth to ensure normal anterior tooth symmetry,
– In the removal of unhealthy and unaesthetic fillings on the front surfaces of the teeth,
– In cases where teeth are broken due to trauma,
In short, porcelain laminate veneers can be applied in many cases that disturb the patient in terms of aesthetics and can give the patient an aesthetic smile.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF PORCELAIN LAMINATE VENEERS?
Undoubtedly, the biggest advantage is that it is a conservative procedure. It can be applied by removing very little material such as 0.3-0.7 mm from the tooth. Other than that, we can briefly summarize its advantages as follows.
-Since a very small amount of tooth tissue will be removed, the hot and cold sensitivity that may occur in the tooth will be kept at a minimum. In fact, such sensitivity does not occur in most of the cases.
-Porcelain is a durable, discolored and wear-resistant material. Its color does not change with factors such as tea, coffee, cigarettes. Therefore, porcelain laminate veneers can be used for many years without changing its color and without undergoing a structural change.
– Since the chewing surfaces of the teeth are not touched and their natural structure is not damaged, the adaptation period is very short. The patient does not lose his natural tooth feeling.
Although porcelain is a fragile material in structure, it becomes very resistant to tensile and tensile forces when chemically adhered to enamel. Therefore, it is not easy to fall.
-Another advantage of porcelain laminate veneers is that we have the chance to show the changes that will occur by preparing the model of the teeth, without any operation on the tooth.
Thanks to its light transmission feature, the closest image to the natural tooth is revealed.
IN WHICH SITUATIONS PORCELAIN LAMINATE VENEERS CANNOT BE APPLIED?
-Porcelain laminate veneers are very fine porcelain. Therefore, patients with excessive clenching habit (bruxism) may experience durability problems.
-Teeth with excessive crowding and rotation may not be able to be treated with lamina. In this case, orthodontic treatment or zirconium supported porcelain should be done.
-It would be more appropriate to apply as the lack of sufficient enamel support as a result of caries or trauma will not leave sufficient adhesion area for laminate veneers.
-Since the chemical adhesion will not be at a high level in milk teeth and teeth with excessive fluorosis, durability problems may occur.
– It should be expected that the teeth that have not completed their eruption are fully erupted.