PORCELAIN LAMINA TEETH
- What is porcelain laminate tooth?
It means leaf in Latin. It is the method where only the anterior surfaces of the teeth are thinned by 0.3-0.7 mm without cutting, and the healthy tooth tissue is lost the least. This is the process of bonding porcelain dental laminates to the thinned area.
- In which cases are porcelain dental laminates applied?/strong>
- In highly discolored teeth that can not get results with whitening,
- In teeth with bad structural form and shape,
- Joining split teeth (diastema closure),
- In the restoration of broken or worn teeth,
- In the correction of old fillings whose color and structure have deteriorated,
- Correction of crooked and crooked teeth (as an alternative to orthodontic treatment)It can be a near-perfect cosmetic alternative.
- Who is porcelain laminate dental treatment applied to?
Porcelain laminate dental treatment can be applied to almost everyone.
Well, are there cases where the treatment of porcelain tooth lamina cannot be applied?
Jaw disorders, bad habits such as nail biting, pencil biting are not applied in cases of severe gum recession.
- How many sessions does porcelain laminate dental treatment take?
If your gums do not require any treatment or aesthetic intervention, you can have a new smile in 2-3 sessions, that is, within 1 week.
- What are the treatment stages of this aesthetic dentistry application?
In the first session, your teeth are measured without being eroded and a study is made on the model that comes out. Then the teeth are abraded and the impression is repeated with a sensitive impression material. At your next appointment, laminates are applied to your teeth.
- Do porcelain laminate teeth fall out?
No. Adhesion values of today’s adhesive technologies are very high. If the physician acts in accordance with the technical sensitivity in the application, you can use your laminates as your own teeth.
- How long do porcelain laminate teeth last?
Laminas can be used for years without any problems with good oral care. This is because they are made of porcelain with superior properties than other bonding systems. They are more resistant to staining and abrasion. In order to prolong their life, it is necessary to pay attention to oral care. In addition, it is necessary to avoid bad habits such as biting very hard foods and biting nails.
- What are the advantages of porcelain laminate teeth?
The desired appearance is achieved with 0.3-0.7 mm etching. The processing time takes an average of 7-10 days.
They are produced from durable, colorfast and durable materials.
The aesthetic properties you want without disturbing the natural structure of your teeth. (such as color, shape) It can be made with porcelain lamina. Either no change is made or a minor correction is applied on the tooth. The amount removed from the tooth is limited to 0.3-0.7 mm. So that no teeth are cut (downsizing)there is no need.
A copy of your teeth that you are not satisfied with the appearance of is obtained and a design is made on it. In other words, before the intervention on the teeth, the change to be created in the teeth can be shown as a demo at the beginning of the treatment. to this demo mock-upis called.
Porcelain surfaces are smooth, so it minimizes staining and tartar formation caused by smoking and similar reasons.
It does not change color with external factors such as coffee, tea, cigarettes.
It is quite fragile in material. However, when fully bonded to enamel, its resistance to tensile and tensile forces becomes very high. For example, it is not possible to completely remove an adhered veneer from the tooth. However, it can be removed from the tooth surface by abrading with diamond burs.
It has high resistance to abrasion.
- What are the disadvantages of porcelain laminate teeth?
Compared to other restorations, it has advantages in terms of health and aesthetics. However, it is a slightly more expensive system compared to others.
It is a delicate technique. It requires a good clinical and laboratory work. Physicians and dental technicians must have sufficient technical knowledge and artistic ability on this subject.
- Laminate Veneers
Laminate porcelain is an aesthetic application obtained by flattening the front surface of the tooth a little, without destroying the original of the tooth, and gluing the thin leaf porcelains prepared in the laboratory to the front of this flattened tooth surface.
- To restore aesthetics in worn, decayed and broken teeth for various reasons,
- To obtain whiter and smoother teeth in cases where teeth cannot be whitened with chemical whitening.
- To remove congenital intermittent tooth structure or to give small teeth a wider and larger appearance.
- To be able to prepare a more aesthetic and sympathetic smile design for the person
- A healthy and natural appearance is achieved in a very short time with a small intervention,
- Making a nail-wide slot in your tooth (which may not always be necessary)enough,
- They are produced from durable, colorfast and durable materials.
- Are laminates long-lasting? Is it durable?
Laminates can be used for years without any problems with good oral care. Because other adhesive systems (bonding) They are made of porcelain with superior properties. They are more resistant to staining and abrasion. In order to prolong their life, it is necessary to pay attention to oral care. In addition, it is necessary to avoid bad habits such as biting very hard foods and biting nails.