Preferring the right nutrition in the month of Ramadan when diets change
It will not tire our metabolism and will minimize the strain in the process.
Because having a hunger and thirst period of about 16 hours and then a wrong diet that starts with the iftar hour can cause negative effects on the individual’s weight control and health. Changes in sleep hours and duration, decrease in water consumption and number of meals, decrease in physical activity, frequency of constipation and bloating are the most important factors affecting nutritional metabolism.
So what should we do and what should we pay attention to?
- The first rule in order not to decrease our metabolic rate: We should get up for sahur.
- Containing protein in the sahur; eggs, cheese, milk, yogurt, kefir, etc.
must be consumed. Again, thanks to its fiber content, your blood sugar is more balanced and your fullness period is longer.
I recommend adding vegetables such as tomatoes, cucumbers, parsley, green peppers to make it longer.
- In order to meet our daily vitamin and mineral needs, approximately 2 hours before sahur and iftar
then a juicy fruit should be consumed.
- After breaking the fast at iftar, the meal should be started with 1 ladle of soup. approx. 10 min
After resting, the meal should be continued.
- Fatty foods made with the frying method, as usual, are also used at the iftar tables.
Meals prepared with healthy cooking methods (boiled, baked, steamed) instead of
- Care should be taken to prepare balanced and healthy plates and to consume salads every day.
- Care should be taken to eat slowly and chew thoroughly, which is one of the most important points.
Since the signal reaches in about 20 minutes, this period should not be spent with overfeeding.
- During the period between iftar and sahur, care should be taken to drink water in sufficient quantity and at intervals. (at least 1.5 L) Care should be taken to consume more tea, otherwise your desire to drink water will decrease.
should not be forgotten.
- Again, between iftar and sahur, oil seeds such as walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts and fruits are added to the amount.
Meals should be made with care.
- Every day, about 1-2 hours after iftar, a light exercise should be done for 30 minutes.
- The frequency of dessert consumption should be reduced as much as possible after iftar and the preferences should be with milk/fruit.
Must have for desserts. And care should be taken to consume at least 1 hour after iftar.
- With the effect of thirst during the day, consumption of acidic beverages after iftar is definitely in demand.
should not be done. Healthy drinks such as ayran, tzatziki and mineral water should be consumed.
I wish you a happy and healthy Ramadan.