Low back pain in children can be seen frequently, especially after sports activities.
The most common causes of low back pain in children are muscle spasms and sprains.
This type of pain usually resolves with physical therapy and painkillers.
Other conditions that can cause low back pain in children;
– stress fractures (spondylolysis)
– herniated disc
– slippage of the lumbar vertebrae (spondylolisthesis)
– spinal fractures
– problems with the hips
If the following conditions are in question, a spine surgeon should be consulted;
– fever, weight loss
– night pain
– loss of muscle strength and sensation
– inability to move due to pain
– Pain that lasts longer than 1 month and does not respond to physical therapy, painkillers