Veneer / veneer applications, also pronounced as lamina, laminate, laminate or laminate, are applications in the form of leaves, which are applied to the outer surface of the tooth for more aesthetic purposes.
If the patient does not have previous sensitivity, there is no need to anesthetize the teeth.
It is made of porcelain or composite material.
It is not possible to separate it from the natural tooth because it has a light transmitting feature, it is not noticeable.
In this way, it is possible to provide an aesthetic appearance by making less cuts from the teeth.
Laminate (leaf)After the applications, more attention should be paid to oral care and especially the cleaning between the teeth.
Laminate (leaf)very hard foods should not be bitten with the applied mouth and bad habits that will force the laminates (leaves) (nail biting etc.)should be abandoned.
It takes a maximum of 3-4 days for the smile design to come to life. However, after the smile design is implemented, it may take 3-4 weeks for the lips to adapt to the new look. During this alignment, some lip exercises and reading are recommended.
- Laminate Veneers
Note: A design can be made on the model by obtaining a copy of the teeth from people who are not satisfied with the appearance of their teeth. In other words, before any intervention is made on the teeth, it can be shown to the different person to be formed in the teeth.
- In what situations is it applied?
1. In colorations; bleaching ( teeth whitening) advanced antibiotics, fluoride, etc. in hereditary structure and color disorders in stains
2. Joining split teeth (diastema closure)
3. Restoration of broken or worn teeth (especially in front teeth)
4. In the correction of old fillings whose color and structure have deteriorated
5. For shape correction of crooked and crooked teeth to a certain extent (as an alternative to orthodontic treatment)
6. In long and bad-looking teeth with receding gums
7. In the recovery of the smile line aesthetics, which are damaged by congenitally missing or extra teeth,
8. To regain an ideal smile relationship in proportional deviations in tooth – gingiva – lip relations (smile design)
9. In the mouth of anyone who is dissatisfied with the appearance of their teeth
- Laminate Composite
– The application can be finished in a single session
– Almost no cuts are made from the teeth
– Working interactively with the patient while applying the smile design
– Laminate composites adhere to the tooth with special agents that can penetrate the tooth tissue. (as in composite fillings)
– Although at first a natural and compatible image is obtained with the patient’s own teeth, over time (depending on the food taken)there may be discoloration
– Discoloration that occurs over time in laminate composites, simple polishing by the dentist (polishing)can be resolved by
– Although the material is the same, it is definitely not an equivalent application to composite filling
– More expensive than composite fillings and cheaper than porcelain crowns
- Laminate Porcelain
– It is a multi-session transaction
– Cut from teeth up to 0.3 – 0.7 mm
– Plastic temporary laminate made in the form and length decided in the smile design (leaf) is attached to the tooth. These protect the teeth until the laminate porcelain comes
– At the same time, these temporarys act as 3D models for necessary corrections. The compatibility of the teeth with the face is checked, the ideal smile aesthetics suitable for the face are positioned with the necessary abrasions and additions. After getting approval from the patient, laminate porcelain is prepared according to this model in the laboratory.
– It is adhered to the tooth with a very strong biocompatible material
– There is no subsequent discoloration on laminate porcelains.
– Even though the material is the same, it is definitely not an equivalent application to porcelain crown veneer.