The pathological cavities formed in the jawbone, covered with epithelium and filled with fluid, are called cysts. a dental
As a result of welding, a cyst may develop independently of a tooth, or as a result of trauma.
they can occur.
If the inflammatory formations at the root of the teeth are not intervened in a timely manner, these pathologies will grow and become cysts.
it can turn into Therefore, toothaches, jaw pains, abscesses, swellings in the jaws should not be neglected,
Timely medical intervention should be provided. In such cases, if the doctor deems it necessary
Antibiotic treatment should be started, and the treatment plan should be followed in line with the doctor’s direction.
Jaw cysts can sometimes reach very large sizes without any symptoms. Annual routine dentist
It is possible to diagnose the cysts without delay with the controls.
HOW DO CYSTS SYMPTOMS?
– As it can progress for a long time without symptoms, it can give symptoms if infected.
– It can give symptoms such as pain, swelling, facial asymmetry, numbness in the lips and tongue, and inflammatory discharge in the mouth.
– Non-healing tooth extraction wounds, lymph node swelling, intraoral bleeding conditions, bad odor from the mouth,
It can also cause symptoms such as difficulty swallowing.
HOW ARE JAW CYSTS TREATED?
– If the cyst is very large, close to important anatomical spaces, if there is a risk of jaw fracture, first of all
marsupialization treatment. In this method, the cyst is removed by means of a drain placed in the cyst.
The cyst fluid is allowed to flow until the cavity shrinks to a certain amount. Marsupialization alone
It is not a method of treatment. It is an aid to treatment. Shrinking enough after marsupialization
The cyst is surgically removed from the jawbone and cleaned.
– Enucleation is the process of removing the cyst and the tissues from which the cyst originates. a single surgery
All causative factors are removed by the intervention.