Green coffee, which is very popular among the products consumed for weight loss recently, is coming. So, what are the benefits of green coffee? How should green coffee be consumed? Dietitian Deniz Zünbülcan talked about the benefits of green coffee.
Turkish coffee, a beverage loved by everyone, has lost its reputation to green coffee recently. Green coffee is different in taste and production from other coffees. At the same time, while the coffee we drink every day goes through the roasting process, this process is not applied to green coffee. In this way, the amount of chlorogenic acid in coffee is higher in green coffee than in other coffees. The benefit of green coffee is due to the high rate of chlorogenic acid.
BENEFITS OF GREEN COFFEE
• Chlorogenic acid prevents the absorption of glucose from the small intestine and also prevents the release of glucose from the liver into the blood, thus preventing the rise of blood glucose levels.
• Accelerates metabolism, accelerates fat burning.
• With its chlorogenic acid and caffeine content, it contributes to the reduction of body fat and helps weight loss.
• Antioxidant content is much higher than roasted coffee. It is responsible for protecting our body from free radicals.
• It delays aging.
• It removes toxins from our body.
• It strengthens our immune system.
The daily consumption amount of green coffee should be 2 cups. Because it contains caffeine, it can cause anxiety disorders, diarrhea, high blood pressure and osteoporosis if consumed in excess. Since there is no reliable information about the consumption amounts of pregnant and lactating women, it is beneficial not to consume them.
HOW IS GREEN COFFEE MADE?
As we said at the beginning of our article, the preparation and taste of green coffee is different from normal coffee. 1 tablespoon of coffee is put in the coffee pot and approximately 1 glass (200 ml) of water is added to it. It can be consumed hot after it is left to infuse for 3-4 minutes.