Although there is no miracle food for weight loss and fat burning, sometimes diet myths can be confusing with the influence of social media or the environment. One of the most common of these myths is that water with vinegar is also effective in weight loss. Dietitian Deniz Zünbülcan talked about the effects of vinegar water on the body.
According to the World Health Organization, obesity is abnormal and excessive fat accumulation that can impair human health. The most common and practical method used to diagnose obesity in a person is to calculate the body mass index. Body mass index is the weight in kg/m2 divided by the square of the height. If a person’s body mass index is 25 or more, the person is defined as overweight, and if it is 30 or more, it is defined as obese.
If the person has the opportunity to measure, the point that is more important than the body mass index is to know the body fat percentage. The percentage of fat should be approximately 20% for women and 15% for men.
Hearing information about losing weight and burning fat can also cause confusion. One of them is that vinegar water helps to lose weight…
Effects of vinegar water on the body
– Vinegar is a product that has been used for health for centuries. It is used in many areas from skin diseases to weight loss.
– It is known to have positive effects especially on blood sugar level. In a study, people were given apple cider vinegar or water every day for 12 weeks, and at the end of the study, it was revealed that those who used vinegar lost more weight with little difference. However, the weight lost came back later. The important thing here is that the program can be supported by diet and exercise.
– Scientific studies that vinegar causes weight loss are still insufficient. However, it is known that it is anti-glycemic effective.
– It has positive effects in increasing blood sugar level. Therefore, it can be thought that it may indirectly be effective in weight control.
– If you pay attention to your diet and if you have a lifestyle that you support with exercise, you are more likely to see the positive effects of vinegar water. However, of course, hoping for vinegar water without paying attention to anything may disappoint you.
– If you prefer to drink vinegar, do not forget to dilute it with water. If you have stomach problems, you should be careful not to drink vinegar water on an empty stomach, especially in the morning.
Vinegar water is effective in cleansing the body from toxins. However, studies are needed to say that it has direct weight loss effects. It is an alternative that you can use as a support for your nutrition program consisting of enjoyable, healthy and scientific methods that you can make into your lifestyle. In addition to all these, you should not forget that 70% of your diet and 30% exercise are effective for a healthy and fit life.