infertility; It is the inability of couples to have children despite having regular sexual intercourse for at least one year without using any birth control method. Infertility; It is a health problem arising from problems with the reproductive systems of women, men or both.
Is infertility only a female health problem?
Approximately 40% of infertility, which is a medical problem, is caused by women and 40% by men. The remaining 20% are due to problems arising from both or unexplained causes of infertility.
What are the factors that cause infertility?
– sexually transmitted disease
– History of infection in the female reproductive organs (Once it is passed, 1-15% women can be infertile.)
– History of infection in the testicles and sperm ducts
– History of past mumps for men
– Eating disorder
– Irregular or no menstrual periods in women
– Endometriosis (splitting of the sheath that covers the inside of the uterus to a place outside the uterus)
– Congenital anomalies of the uterus
– Chronic disease (diabetes)
– Advanced age, smoking, alcohol or drug addiction