Fat Injection Aesthetics
We call the operation Fat Injection Aesthetics to add fullness and volume to areas of the face and body that have lost their fullness due to aging and excessive weight loss. Frequently, the cheek, between the two eyebrows, nasolabial grooves, chin tip, cheekbones are the areas we inject on the face. In the body, we use this method when we want to give volume to the hips and breasts.
Who Is Fat Injection?
- Patients with mild to moderate volume loss in the breasts
- Patients who want a fuller and rounder appearance on the hips
- Patients who want to add volume to the chin, cheekbone, temple area and cheek area
- Patients who want to fill the deep grooves between the nasolabial groove and the eyebrow
- Patients who want compensation for nasal collapses after nose surgeries
- In reducing this deformity of patients with bow legs
- Patients who want to add volume to their lips
- To remove the wrinkled appearance on the backs of the hands of old people
- Plumping of the big lips, which is the female genital organ
- Thickening of the penis, the male genital organ
- Compensation of the collapsed areas after liposuction operation
Fat Injection Surgery
Fat injection surgery; It is performed under local, sedation or general anesthesia in a time varying between 30 minutes and 3 hours, depending on the size of the area to be injected. Fats for fat injection are usually obtained from the abdomen, waist circumference and inner thighs or hips of the patients. After the liquids in the extracted fats are filtered, the fat particles are injected into the area to be volumized through cannulas. Patients are discharged from the hospital on the same day.
In Fat Injection surgeries, pain is rarely felt due to tissue swelling. In order to reduce tissue edema, it is recommended to apply ice at 20-minute intervals for 24 hours, especially on the face area.
After the operation, the patient is discharged on the same day. It is sufficient for the patient to rest at home for 1 or 2 days. Too much standing is not recommended as it will further increase tissue swelling. The patient can take a shower after 2 days. We recommend dressing with antibiotic creams to the areas where the cannulas enter for approximately 10 days. It is recommended to stay away from blood thinners such as aspirin and herbal teas for 10 days as they will increase the risk of bleeding.
Side Effects That May Occur After Surgery
Blood Accumulation (hematoma): It is detected early. It can be prevented with a short intervention.
Swelling – Tissue Edema: We see it especially in facial area applications. It will be prevented with ice application and anti-edema medications.
Development of Infection: It can be seen very rarely. It can be prevented with antibiotic treatment.
Skin Discoloration: It can be observed if the oil injection is made very superficially. Although this situation is temporary, it is an annoying event.