The common problem of many women today; vaginal discharges, urinary tract disorders and pain during sexual intercourse. Cleaning the genital area is one of the most important factors in the prevention of these ailments.
Vaginal discharges and infections, which are the most common vaginal diseases, are among the diseases that threaten women’s health. One of the main causes of vaginal diseases is the lack of hygienic cleaning of the genital area.
For a painless and comfortable sex, care about cleaning.
Many sexually active women experience irritation, pain, burning, unpleasant odor or discharge, sensitivity during or after sexual intercourse, irritated vaginal lip and itching at some point in their lives. These problems, which negatively affect sexual life, often worsen due to itching, burning and irritation, tight clothing, moist pads or hygienic bandages, and vaginal infections become inevitable.
Unconscious cleaning after sexual intercourse and toilet paves the way for infections in the genital area. Under normal conditions, the vagina has a flora that provides its own defense mechanism against diseases. If the genital area is not cleaned, the genital pH level will deteriorate, opportunistic infections may occur, and even infertility may occur.
We do not know how to clean the genital area.
Obstetrics and Gynecology Specialist Op. Dr. Regarding the subject, Aykut Coşkun said: “Sexual area cleaning is actually a very simple application. The most important mistake made is frequent and intensive cleaning with cleaning products such as high pH hand soap, body shampoos, antibacterial soaps. In this way, we enable opportunistic infections by destroying the lactobacilli that make up the vaginal flora by providing an acid environment, known as friendly bacteria. Products that do not have deodorizing medicinal formations used during menstruation cause unwanted infections, irritation and pain both by disrupting the pH and by the chemicals they contain.
After flora disturbance, infectious agents such as genital fungus, bacterial vaginosis, coli bacillus, mobilincus and soft chancre cause unwanted discharge and irritation. For this reason, the vagina, whose resistance has decreased, becomes more susceptible to many diseases such as genital warts, trichomoniasis, genital herpes, syphilis, molluscum, soft chancre.
Kiss. Dr. Aykut Coşkun listed the diseases that occur as a result of improper cleaning as follows;
– Genital fungus:It manifests itself with odorless, whitish discharge in the form of curdled milk, burning and itching. Stress, excess weight, excessive cleaning and metabolic diseases such as diabetes lie in the basis.
– Bacterial vaginosis: It appears with a very fluid, smelly and burning sensation from transparent to gray color. It can occur after a stressful period, mostly after unprotected intercourse.
– Mobilinkus: It is a contemporary bacterium and is a microorganism between fungus and bacterial vaginosis. It includes common complaints and symptoms of the two.
– Parcel bacte: It is actually intestinal bacteria. It is mostly transmitted by contact and causes burning in the urine, frequent urination complaints and cystitis, pain and vaginal infection with discharge.
– Genital herpes: It is a vaginal herpes virus and occurs with watery, reddened, extremely burning lesions on the vaginal lip and vagina. It is first transmitted through sexual intercourse. It recurs with low resistance and vaginal hygiene disorder.
– Genital wart:They are crater-like lesions on the skin that appear after sexual intercourse, dirty environments and contact with laundry, and may recur after low resistance and improper vaginal cleaning.
– Molluscum:They are pearly lesions that are raised from the skin and occur after sexual intercourse and hygiene disorders.
– Soft chancre and syphilis: They are painful lesions that create lesions of different appearance and size on the vaginal lip. Improper hygiene and incorrect vaginal cleaning increase recurrences.
Apart from these, there are vaginitis and vulvitis agents with very different symptoms.
Recommendations to ensure genital hygiene…
Coşkun: “Instead of classical cleaning products with high pH and non-medical cosmetic products, personal hygienic products suitable for vaginal pH should be used. The water in the toilet and the existing toilet papers that we use in public toilets are more than just cleaning. Therefore, personal cleaning products should be used in common areas. Frequent cleaning and especially douching should be avoided because it affects the flora. said.
Stating that there are special hygienic products that can be used to prevent simple discharge and subsequent discomfort after unprotected intercourse, Coşkun stated that diseases can be prevented by following general hygiene rules and using these products.
Avoid sexual intercourse during menstruation.
Coşkun pointed out that the menstrual period is the period when the vaginal resistance is the lowest and therefore sexual intercourse should be avoided, so that upper genital tract infections can be prevented and made the following recommendations:
“The tampons and sanitary pads used during the menstrual period should be changed frequently and the vagina should be kept as dry as possible. Relief can be achieved with medical hygienic gels and creams that can be used to prevent irritation and burns caused by these products.
Beware of infections during pregnancy
According to the information given by Coşkun, the immune system is suppressed during pregnancy and it becomes more open to infections. Especially after the 28th week of pregnancy, sexual intercourse and improper hygienic care may cause premature rupture of the membrane, creating a risk of premature birth. If hygiene rules are not observed, it may cause sepsis in the mother and baby after birth.