one)It is a known medical data that obesity increases the risks of heart diseases, hypertension, heart attack and stroke.
2) Cancer: The incidence of some cancer types increases in obesity. It increases the risk of esophageal, thyroid, colon and renal cancers in men. In women, the incidence of endometrial, gallbladder, esophageal and renal cancers increases in obese individuals. It is also associated with breast cancer in Asian-Pacific populations.
3) One of the most well-known negative effects of obesity is that it causes a certain damage to the joints, especially the knees. This can increase the risk of osteoarthritis over time.
4)Obesity can lead to the formation of gallstones: Since the amount of cholesterol in the gallbladder is higher than bile acid in obese people, the risk of gallstone formation may increase.
5)Obesity can cause shortness of breath in the patient: Difficulty in breathing and sleep apnea (interruption of breathing during sleep) or snoring are common health problems.
6) Obesity is among the known factors that cause changes in the hormonal balance in men and women and can negatively affect reproductive health in relation to this. In obese people, testosterone production is increased in relation to abdominal fat. For this reason, hirsutism (hair growth) and menstrual irregularities can be seen. Sexual arousal and orgasm problems are more common in overweight and obese women. In men, obesity is an independent risk factor for erectile dysfunction (problems with penile erection).
7) Obesity and adult weight gain increase the risk of kidney stones. In women, overweight and obesity are important risk factors for urinary incontinence.
8)Obesity can cause some problems during pregnancy: Obese women have a higher risk of developing some pregnancy-related disorders than women with normal weight.
9) Obesity is also associated with psychosocial problems and depression. Social pressure about losing weight from the environment or the patient’s dislike for their weight increases the risk of depression in obese people. Psychological problems (such as anorexia nervosa or Blumia nervosa, binge eating, night eating syndrome)
10)Obesity increases the risks of any type of surgery.